Friday, January 28, 2011

What To Do With Leftover Sock Yarn

Back during the Christmas season I saw on Ravelry that a bunch of people were knitting an advent scarf. The designer published one section a day for 24 days. I didn't have time to do it then, but I'm trying it out now and using my remnant yarn. Who knows what it's going to turn out like since the colors are going to vary over the course of the knitting.

Here's the pattern. Advent Scarf

Here's where we are so far.

Day 1


Day 2


This day has Nupps! Thankfully there was this great video to explain a way to do nupps that didn't involve having to purl through 7 stitches.

Day 3


Day 4


Day 5


Day 6 and 7 (I think)


Look, it's yarn number 2!

Day 8


I'm viewing this both as a way to use yarn and a way to gain skills. The other thing about it is there's no way I could have kept up with the pace of this scarf. You have to knit 32 rows a day and for me at least that's taking 4 or more hours a day. I wish this was less wide and that the amount of knitting was at most 2 hours a day worth. I think when next December rolls around I will try to do this with a group though. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment