Monday, January 3, 2011

Hedera - Days 1 and 2

I cast on January 1st around noon Central time in compliance with the KAL rules. I'll admit it. I had to frog and cast on a second time. It looked like I had dropped a stitch in transitioning between the needles after four or five rounds. Luckily I'm not afraid to frog.

After a while I got the cuff done.


I've done one other Cookie A sock, Pomatomus and had forgotten about her love from going tbl (through the back loop). I have to say I love it though, except for that one time I forgot and it took a while for me figure out which edge was the leading edge to fix the stitch. Oh well, the occasional mistake proves their homemade socks.

By the end of January 1 I had enjoyed watching the Big 10 being demolished in 5 bowl games, 3 at the hands of my beloved SEC. And I had made it through 3 repeats of the leg pattern. Unfortunately I have no picture of that though.

January 2nd we spent most of the day in the car driving from Destin, Florida back home to Memphis. I'm not a car knitter, so I didn't get to knit until late in the day. I did manage to make it through 4 more repeats before it was time for bed.


I like to use stitch markers to separate the repeats. It makes it so I don't have to count as much, just to 10, not to 40. I was worried that the yarn was going to be too dark and too variegated to show the pattern well, but I think it's working out well. It's not quite as dramatic as those who are using a solid sock color, but for some reason I have a hard time making myself by solid colors. Guess I better work on that too.

Will I have time to knit on Jan 3? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment