Monday, January 3, 2011

The Adventure Begins

As 2011 opens I'm going to try to blog some of the knitting projects I plan to tackle this year.

I started knitting two years ago after finishing reading a 1000 page book and thinking I need a break and want to do something with my hands. I taught myself to knit with YouTube videos, knitted several scarves and then moved on hats in the rounds thanks to Charlotte at Yarniverse in Memphis, TN. A month later I was back at Yarniverse in Charlotte's One Day Sock workshop, and from there I've moved on to sweaters and afghans.

For 2011 I want to add mittens if not gloves to my repertoire. I also want to knit a lot of socks and try a lot of new yarns. I also want to try to visit at least one local yarn store in the cities and towns I visit this year. We'll see how it goes.

If you want to see some of the things I've done in the past, you can check out my Ravelry page. I'm relatively new to Ravelry still. That's another thing I'd like to improve on this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment