Monday, January 3, 2011

Hedera - January 2011

The first pattern in knit.sock.love. and the first in the knit along (KAL) is Hedera.

You can actually get this pattern for free here as it was previously published on Knitty.

Here's what the sock looks like when finished.


And now here's the details on my project.

I'm using Malabrigo Sock yarn that I bought in Fort Walton Beach, Florida at Unwind.


The color is called Abril.

I was good and swatched.


Well, not so good. I only did it so I could measure a 2x2 square and got gauge on my No 1s (2.25 mm). I have a question. Why is gauge always written in 4 inches, but the little measuring device everyone has only measures in 2 inches? I was happily surprised to get gauge with my 1s because I am a notoriously loose knitter. I do own one set of 0s, but I'd rather not have to invest in needles any smaller than that.

I also knit socks one at a time on two 24" circulars. After seeing the number of people doing two socks at a time in the Ravelry group, I think that's a skill I'd like to pick up this year. While I've never suffered from Second Sock Syndrome before, it is a bit deflating to finish one sock only to realize you have to do it all over again. I do worry though that I'll manage to tangle the yarn. I have tangling issues. You should see my seatbelt.

Next post, the knitting begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment